Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Halfway There!

I think i've started writing a few times and I have never finished. This time I have to admit, I was right, that doesn't always happen…but, this time it's true. I had no idea what this semester would be like, and oh buddy…it's been a big one.
There have been a lot of hard times, and some really precious good ones.

God has answered some of the things I was praying about, and that was neat, and actually a lot more painful than I thought it would be. Sometimes blessings come in the form of a wound being made…and then finally, a scab forms and starts the process of healing. So, that specific situation i'm talking about, has actually been so good for me. I feel like now i'm being able to be free in some areas. I know, really vague, but if anyone would read it…it would be this one as I explain a personal situation. So, i'll pass on the drama :)

The most precious gift was given to my friends Katie and Ian this month, a little baby boy named Noah David. Oh, that little sucker just captured my heart from the first time I heard his heart beat at her doctor appointment. I have never had a good friend have a baby before, so I just have never really felt this way before…oh, and when I got to hold him in my arms for the first time. Oh, yes, I fell in love. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have him all the time, although, I can wait to find out; I really do enjoy sleeping through the night.

I would say that God's plans are just absolutely unknown to me at the moment, I guess some of them will be made known tomorrow when I find out if i'm going to be on leadership again or not. I'm not really nervous about it, I just don't know what to expect, but I am praying that if God has something bigger and better for me to be involved in that He would close this door. I am learning that even though you are involved in something good, it doesn't mean that you are missing out on something GREAT that God would be using you for. I would rather be doing something great for the Lord than just something that looks good to other people. I have to give credit to Brentwood for teaching me this though, man, I love my Church!

This season has probably been one of the hardest in the sense that I know the Lord is doing something big, and so does satan. It seems that with every good thing something hard comes in the breath right after. So, it's more like I scored a goal in soccer and then someone rams me with an elbow in the stomach. Not that it's a bad thing, I know that the Lord is beside me and He is sufficient enough to prevail and do a mighty work here and in my life. I know we'll win the game, I just don't know the next play yet…and I think i'm okay with it…or i'm learning to be.

Whew, i'm writing a ton today, but it's been over a month since i've written; you should know what's going on in my life :)

Can you believe that I graduate next spring? It may seem like no big deal, or if it's one of your first years in college it may seem ideal. False, don't believe that, it's probably the scariest thing that I can think of right now! I don't even like to imagine it, sometimes I even get a little jealous that other people still have a few more years to go. Not because I love class, or homework, but because it's like a safety net. Once you graduate…well, exactly, I don't even know what comes next. I know it will be a brand new season, and it might be the best season ever….but, i'll only be 21. That seems so young…and the fact that I literally have NO idea what I want to do…and I only have a year to figure it out…a little bit of pressure. Man, i've got to go put on some big girl pants and get over it.

All in all, the semester has been one heck of a growing time, I know that I will come out stronger because the Lord is not going to fail me. It's just constantly knowing that He is really in control and being reminded of it every day (and sometimes every moment) instead of just when i'm freaking out. Ah,

"The Lord is gracious to all, He will never permit the righteous to me moved"

I really like Romans 12, if it's not perfect, just take it as a Lindsey paraphrase because I don't know where my Bible is, and if I deviate from this page i'll end up on facebook and late to class…

"I beseech you therefore brothers, by the mercies of God to present your bodies as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable to God which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world but be ye transformed, by the renewing of your minds that you may prove that which is the good, acceptable and perfect will of God…for we are one in the body of Christ…Let love be genuine, abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal; be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality."

Last few things that have been happening as of late:
I had the privilege of celebrating my dear friend Casey's 21st birthday at a really adorable frozen yogurt place in Lynchburg. It was wonderful, I kept telling her we were doing different things so she would have no idea that 12 of her friends were waiting to surprise her. I just love my friends, i'm so thankful for them.

I'm so thankful for (and i'm running out of time, so i'm just listing them) Casey, Amber, Kourtney, Chelsea, Kaytee, Danielle, Megan, and my other dear friends at school. I really am so blessed to have godly friends who really care about pursuing the Lord. It really is a treasure to have friends that desire the same things that you do, and not about having a boyfriend, or materialistic things. Not that we don't desire those, but I know that they are desiring to grow closer to the Lord first. It's a really big blessing.

Last, this is my favorite thing that has happened today…after sheetz being boycotted by Chelsea for their lack of a coke icee and being forced to go to Chickfila so she could have a chicken biscuit to learn that the "number 1's" we ordered were actually lunch items; I went to barnes and noble and got Beth Moore's "David" study and a soy caramel macchiato. I know, thrilling!! I'm actually really excited. I'm telling you guys, the Lord is going to do something good, probably not what I am expecting, but even still, something good.

I hope you are filled with the joy of the Lord today.


No comments:

Post a Comment