Monday, April 12, 2010

Another Day







Today was GLORIOUS! I really do appreciate laying in the sun for hours at a time with friends. Not that the sun particularly seems to think that my skin needs to loose the marshmallow white color the winter has given it. All in good time, all in good time.

I think there is this really great quality of God that He has been revealing to me a lot lately. It is seeing myself as His beloved bride. Maybe this resonates inside of me because I am a girl; and I don't know very many, if any girls that have never dreamed of being a bride. But that's how He sees me. He even wrote passages describing this glorious wedding day. It's not some fairytale or something to try and comfort believers right now; it's real life. REAL LOVE.


Psalm 45 is my favorite talking about this wedding day. It's really long so i'm going to paraphrase. The chapter starts off describing the groom; he is strong, noble, the best among all men. He is a valiant warrior- which might be one of my favorite descriptions of Him because I want my man to be a protector. The groom will reign forever and ever and everything He does is perfect and good. It then describes the wedding party; and the beautiful palaces of ivory adorned for the wedding. The stringed instruments playing in the background- then the Bride. It says: "The King is Enthralled with YOUR Beauty."
Enthralled, to captivate, charm, enchant, fascinate, delight; win, ensnare, mesmerize, spell bind.
That's how he feels, every day. Yeah, no big deal.

This glorious warrior, kind, caring, loving, perfect man; not only Died for me but lives to pursue me because He loves me, because He loves YOU.

I feel the need to clarify, not because I think you really need to know, but I will anyways. I do desire to be married someday, here. But I know and have felt heartbreak from relationships where God has not been the priority in my life. It's nothing like God doesn't want to see me happy, but more like if I trust in Him that in His perfect plan and timing it will work out and exceed my expectations.
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: That if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that He hears us-whatever we ask- will know that we have what we asked of Him."-1 John 5:14-15.

Ah, my thoughts are scattered...but that's a consistent thing in my life; and that's okay. It makes life way more entertaining. May the unfailing love of the Lord Jesus Christ Bless your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment